WhatupHomee offers FREE monthly special events as opportunities for our community to learn together as we seek to affirm the cultural contributions of Black people and celebrate the historical contributions of Black people year-round.
These are two of WhatupHomee’s core values.
Check our digital museum and additional resources for information about 11 dope Black scientists and inventors we’ve learned about:
Which historical figure…?
- Developed blood banks
- Developed a treatment for leprosy
- Wrote almanacs
- Invented GEOSAT
- Invented the traffic light
- Worked as a human-computer for NASA
- Was called the Peanut Man and the Plant Doctor
- Had 60 patents
- Was the first Black woman in space
- Invented the Super Soaker
- Was the first woman to receive a Ph.D in chemistry
- Worked with the American Red Cross
- Received Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2015
- Built the first American clock out of wood